Welcome to MAC-ISA
“Promoting Safety and Science in Tree Care”
The MAC-ISA is a non-profit professional organization of arborists, urban foresters, and others involved in the caring of trees.Our membership is made up of people from commercial, utility municipal sectors, educational institutions and other green industry related fields.Our mission is to promote a culture of safety while fostering education and research that supports the care and benefits of trees. Our chapter area includes District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
Looking for professional tree care in Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia or DC? Use a Certified Arborist trained to do it right!
Certified Arborists Members: Take advantage of your free membership benefits by registering your services. We added new services and specialties. Log in, create a password and register your services.
News and Events
- 2014 MAC-ISA Tree Climbing Championship registration is now open. Click here for more info and to register.
- 2014 Tour des Trees registration and donations to support Team MAC-ISA and the TREE Fund is up and running. Click here for information or here to donate to Team MAC-ISA. Like the TREE Fund, and Follow the TREE Fund
- Bonnie Appleton Memorial Fund: Join MAC-ISA and Trees Virginia in a lasting tribute to Dr. Bonnie Appleton’s contributions to arboriculture education and research. The Bonnie Appleton Memorial Fund was recently established at the TREE Fund to honor Dr. Appleton’s passion and advocacy for arboriculture education and research. Read more about Dr. Bonnie Appleton and her lifetime achievements and donate to the fund. Or donate directly to the TREE Fund and select the the Bonnie Appleton Memorial Fund (third one down).
- MAC-ISA has scheduled several TRAQ courses in 2014. click here for more information.
- Find out more about Awards announced at the Annual Meeting and the winners of the 2014 Santamour Scholarships.
- Renew your ISA membership: Click here for a 2014 membership form.
- Click on these links to ISA information about cleanup of storm damage. Suggestions for hiring tree services after a storm can be found here. Be safe! Do not clean up near downed power lines. Contact a certified arborist to help you with clean up. To hire a certified arborist in the Mid-Atlantic go to www.goodtreecare.com.