Welcome to MAC-ISA
The MAC-ISA is a non-profit professional organization of arborists, urban foresters, and others involved in the caring of trees.Our membership is made up of people from commercial, utility municipal sectors, educational institutions and other green industry related fields.Our mission is to promote a culture of safety while fostering education and research that supports the care and benefits of trees. Our chapter area includes District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
News and Events
- MAC-ISA Annual Meeting Registration: Check out the program and register NOW.
- Day of Safety: A big thank you to all our speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, sponsors and attendees. It was a big success!
- 2015 MAC-ISA Arborist Certification Courses: To view class dates and register go to our certification page. 8 ISA CEUs per day. Scholarships are available for Virginia members from the Virginia Department of Forestry Urban & Community Forestry grant program.
- MAC-ISA TRAQ course - Only a few spaces left in the Baltimore, MD, Nov. 4-6 TRAQ course. We have enlarged the class but it is almost full. Click here for more information and registration form.
- Bonnie Appleton Memorial Fund Update: Buy a BAFFLE ticket, win prizes and support the fund. To find out what a baffle is click here. There are only 500 available. Buy now! We have now raised almost 50% of our goal! HELP US REACH OUR FUNDRAISING GOAL OF $100,000 to endow this scholarship. We need your help to finish our goal! Please donate. Read more under our TREE Fund link.
2015 TOUR DES TREES October 25 - 31, 2015. Support the MAC-ISA Team at www.stihltourdestrees.org.
- Upgraded ISA on-line Learning Center is now live! Click here to see the updated on-line Learning Center where you can take courses and earn CEUs.
- To hire a certified arborist in the Mid-Atlantic go to www.goodtreecare.com.
- A Nationwide Day of Service "Saluting Branches" honoring fallen soldiers and donating tree care for veteran cemeteries is planned for September 23. Get involved! For more information go to http://www.salutingbranches.org/