Welcome to MAC-ISA
“Promoting Safety and Science in Tree Care”
The MAC-ISA is a non-profit professional organization of arborists, urban foresters, and others involved in the caring of trees.Our membership is made up of people from commercial, utility municipal sectors, educational institutions and other green industry related fields.Our mission is to promote a culture of safety while fostering education and research that supports the care and benefits of trees. Our chapter area includes District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
News and Events
- Thanks to all who attended the 2014 MAC-ISA Day of Safety, June 14, Rockville MD. Special thanks to our sponsors, our speakers and the Day of Safety Committee. Click here for more information.
- 2014 MAC-ISA Annual Meeting, October 6-7, Blacksburg, VA, Inn at VA Tech and the Virginia Tech Campus: Online Registration is now open. RESERVE YOUR ROOM AT THE INN ONLINE NOW. Click here for other information.
- Call for Nominations for the 2014 MAC-ISA Awards : Nomination form for 2014 MAC-ISA Awards available now.
- 2014 Annual Meeting Scholarship and Frank Santamour Scholarship applications are now available. Click here for more information on both. Scroll down to the middle of the page.
- MAC-ISA TRAQ course Virginia Beach Course November 5-7. Click here for more information. 2015 classes are planned.
- 2014 Tour des Trees registration and donations to support Team MAC-ISA and the TREE Fund is up and running. Click here for information or here to donate to Team MAC-ISA.
- Bonnie Appleton Memorial Fund: HELP US REACH OUR FUNDRAISING GOAL OF $100,000 before the end of the year to endow this scholarship. Read more under our TREE Fund link.
- Renew your ISA membership: Click here for a 2014 membership form.
- Click on these links to ISA for the latest in tree care information. Beware of summer storm damage to your trees. Do not clean up near downed power lines. Contact a certified arborist to help you with clean up. To hire a certified arborist in the Mid-Atlantic go to www.goodtreecare.com.