Welcome to MAC-ISA
“Promoting Safety and Science in Tree Care”
The MAC-ISA is a non-profit professional organization of arborists, urban foresters, and others involved in the caring of trees.Our membership is made up of people from commercial, utility municipal sectors, educational institutions and other green industry related fields.Our mission is to promote a culture of safety while fostering education and research that supports the care and benefits of trees. Our chapter area includes District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.
News and Events
- MAC-ISA sponsored TRAQ course now available in Baltimore August 19-21. Click here for more information and to register.
- Register now for the MAC-ISA Arborist Certification Course in Abingdon, VA, July 16-18. This course might have to be cancelled due to low enrollment. Click here for more information and to register for any of the certification courses. Earn 24 CEUs. Call the office if you would just like to attend 1 or 2 days and earn 8 CEUs per day.
- Registration for the Annual Meeting in Fredericksburg VA, Oct 14-15 coming soon. Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities available. Click here for more info.
- Nominate someone for the new Field Arborist Award to be announced at our Annual Meeting. More information available here. Click this link to nominate someone.
- Click here for information about the Frank Santamour Scholarship and click here for an application form. Click here for information and an application for the Annual Meeting Student Scholarship.
- Click here for the overall mens and womens champions of our recent Tree Climbing Championship in Richmond. Click here for more information. On another note:
MAC-ISA climbers ruled the North American Tree Climbing Championship that was held in NJ. They won the Team Award for the team with the most points and all of our climbers participated in the Masters Challenge. The Masters results were as follows: Jocelyn Lohse came in 2nd in the women's competition and in the men's - James Earhart 3rd, Thomas Whitelock, 4th and Chris Coates, 5th. The full results will be posted on the ITCC site. We also had some members judging. Way to go MAC-ISA.
- Join MAC-ISA and/or ISA. Become a member today. Click here for information and to become a member.
- Click on these links to ISA information about cleanup of storm damage. Suggestions for hiring tree services after a storm can be found here. Be safe! Do not clean up near downed power lines. Contact a certified arborist to help you with clean up. To hire a certified arborist in the Mid-Atlantic go to www.goodtreecare.com.
- Click Here for our new credit card privacy and refund policy