Best Management Practices - Tree Lightning Protection Systems
Price: $ 22
ISA has developed a series of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for the purpose of interpreting tree care standards and providing guidelines of practice for arborists, tree workers, and the people who employ their services. Available in English language.
This BMP describes proper installation and maintenance of lightning protection systems that can effectively prevent serious lightning damage to trees. It also serves as a companion publication for American National Standard for Tree Care Operations—Tree, Shrub and Other Woody Plant Management—Standard Practices (Lighting Protection Systems).
Topics in this BMP include:
- Identification of Trees Needing Lightning Protection
- Limitations of Tree Lightning Protection Systems
- Susceptibility to Lightning Strikes
- Lightning Protection Materials and Equipment
- Lightning Protection System
- Design and Installation Installation Methods
- Lightning Protection System Maintenance
- Lightning-Damaged Trees
- Electrical Testing of Grown-Over Conductors
- Testing Ground Systems
- Glossary of Terms
(©2015, softcover, 61 pp.)
Purchase the Tree Lightning Protection Systems A300/BMP Combo to save money!